Sunday, April 18, 2010

Starting now

I will grow things worth eating. I don't believe I've ever grown anything I could eat, share, cook, garnish, preserve before. Last year I inherited both a mint plant and a chive plant, both potted and thriving. For these, I can not take credit. I have grand plans for this year.

Last fall, my husband built me two raised beds, one for vegetables and one for flowers. This spring and summer and fall, I will attempt to sow, grow, and harvest with all the fervor a beginning gardener can muster.

I am armed with a handy book (3-Step Vegetable Gardening), experienced friends to whom I can turn to advice, and now this blog.

I have only planned the vegetable side so far: tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, carrots, peppers, lettuce, and herbs. Of course, as I haven't bought anything yet, this is subject to change.

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! Our latest things in the gardens are 2 varieties of Yucca plants and an Agave. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete