Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I'm bringing greenery back





Colors of nature are reappearing in my previously dingy, gray backyard. The vegetable garden remains unchanged from Sunday, but this evening, I brought green into my backyard (for the record, my front yard is actually quite beautiful; in fact, just today, I noticed the hostas I transplanted last year from my mother-in-law have poked through and will make a go of it this year). I planted three juniper bushes along the edge of the patio. Though small now, they will grow into 4-foot wide and tall monsters, creating an arbor wall between yard and pavers.

Initially, I wanted to plant yew bushes, as I love their deep rich color and soft (though evergreen) quills. Alas, I researched here and found out they are deadly to the canines that frequent the space. Juniper have no such danger. Thank heavens I had the foresight to check on such things. Thanks to my sister, who is a font of dog-safety knowledge.

1 comment: